951219: Bugs in netcdf-2.4-beta5

Karl,

In the above message you wrote:

> I'm porting netCDF to Debian Linux and I've flushed out these problems:
>
> c++/Makefile.in
> $(PROG) target should have $(CXXFLAGS) added for the c++ compiler.

Fixed.  It'll be in the next release.

> ncgen/Makefile.in
> For the target ncgentab.h, bison outputs the files ncgen.tab.c and
> ncgen.tab.h instead of y.tab.c and y.tab.h.  Make dies when it tries to
> execute the subsequent mv commands.  My fix looks like this:
>
> ncgentab.h:     ncgen.y ncgenyy.c ncgen.h
>         $(YACC) -d ncgen.y
>         mv ncgen.tab.c ncgentab.c
>         mv ncgen.tab.h ncgentab.h

Fixed.  Thanks.

> Two minor points:  The distclean target in the master makefile doesn't
> remove info files generated by makeinfo,

Correct, but the `clean' target in the doc/ subdirectory does.

> and would you consider removing
> the netcdf-2.4-beta5/src directory in the distribution package and moving
> everything in it up one level.

We've considered it and, actually, that's why the structure is the way
it is.  You can always remove the extra level if you don't want a
`package'-style installation.

Thanks for the feedback.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>