Re: 951201: install NetCDF errors on HP workstation

>From: "Susanne M. Conklin" <address@hidden>

Hi Suzanne,

> I'm trying install NetCDF on my HP workstation,
> so far HDF has been made (no errors), and in mfhdf directory
> ./configure (no errors) but, after 'make test',
> I get an error:
>
> In the log file:
> *** Testing ncacpy ...
> *** Testing ncadel ...
>
> returning to directory /disk3/usr/local/lib/HDF3.3r4/mfhdf
>

> making `test' in directory /disk3/usr/local/lib/HDF3.3r4/mfhdf/ncdump
>
>         ../ncgen/ncgen -o test0.nc -n test0.cdl
>         ./ncdump test0.nc > test1.cdl
> HDF error: <Invalid arguments to routine>
>         Detected in Vattach() [vgp.c line 642]
> HDF error: <Invalid arguments to routine>
>         Detected in Vattach() [vgp.c line 642]
> HDF error: <Invalid arguments to routine>
>         Detected in Vattach() [vgp.c line 642]
> HDF error: <Invalid arguments to routine>
>         Detected in Vattach() [vgp.c line 642]
> HDF error: <Invalid arguments to routine>
>         Detected in Vattach() [vgp.c line 642]
> HDF error: <Invalid arguments to routine>
>
> blah blah...
>
> and ...
>
> `netcdf.inc' is up to date.
> test0.f:
>    MAIN fgennc:
> Error on line 92 of test0.f: DATA statement amid executables. Recompile using
> -K
> Error on line 99 of test0.f: DATA statement amid executables. Recompile using
> -K
> Error on line 106 of test0.f: DATA statement amid executables. Recompile
> using -

Sorry, but this is an HDF problem, not a netCDF problem.  You'll have to
ask the HDF user support team by filling out the HDF help form at

    http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu:8001/helpdesk.mail.html

If I knew the email address, I'd just forward your query to them, but with
the new form on the web, the email address is no longer apparent.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu