951109: Any portability problems with NetCDF

Alan,

In the above message you wrote:

>     I have written a simple C program for reading and writing netcdf
>     data files.
>
>     This program works fine on Sun's but not on Dec Alpha's.
>
>     I am curious to know whether or not you have come across
>     any portability prolems between these machines.

We've never encountered any problem with portability of suitably-written
netCDF applications between Suns and DEC Alphas.

One point to be aware of is to use the type `nclong' for variables that
are to hold netCDF NCLONG values.

If you can reduce your problem to a small code example, then I might
be able to help you (my workstation is an Alpha, and I have Suns
available).

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>