951018: Netcdf 2.4 Beta 2 won't build under Irix 6.1

Robert,

[You might not have received this message.]

In the above message you wrote:

> I'm trying to build netcdf 2.4 under Irix 6.1 on my Power Onyx platform
> (native 64 bit operating system). Your web pages indicate that netcdf has
> been ported to Irix 6.0, so this seems like it should be straightforward.

Unfortunately, the god of `should' is a very minor god.  ;-)

We don't have access to an IRIX 6.1 platform, so we can't duplicate the
problem.  Our new SGI might have IRIX 6.1 on it, but it hasn't been
installed yet.  When it is, we'll investigate this problem and let you
know what we find.  If you don't hear from us in about a week, then I
suggest you drop us a reminder.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>