Re: Thank you for note

Hi,

> Does netCDF software run on Windows NT only?

No the 2.4 beta release also runs on quite a few UNIX systems, as listed in
the release notes in the distribution or at the URL:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/release-notes.html

> You mean it runs in 32-bit mode, don't you?

Yes.

> But my program can run in 16-bit mode only
> because of other libraries.

We will be porting it to MSDOS before the official release of netCDF 2.4,
sometime later this year, but we haven't done that yet.  The previous
release, netCDF 2.3.2pl2, works under MSDOS.  I assume the MSDOS port will
work OK in 16-bit mode under Windows, but someone will have to check that.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu