Re: 951004: netcdf

Hi,

> I have found a problem with the subroutine NCREDF!
> After a call like ' CALL NCREDF(NCID, RCODE) ' in a program, it returns an
> error
> message like ' ncredef: filename "" no such file or directory.
> Wy this message? There is no parameter with a path for this subroutine.
> We cann't find a solution of this problem

I've just tested NCREDF from the current release, and it seems to work fine.
It's also tested by "make test" from the netcdf/fortran/ directory when you
build the release.  To diagnose the problem you have reported, I'll need
more information.

Can you tell me what machine and operating system you are seeing the problem
on?

Do you have a small example program that demonstrates the problem so we can
duplicate it here?

Do you know if "make test" was run successfully on your netCDF source
distribution when the software was built and installed?

Thanks for providing more information so we can track this down.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu