Re: 950927: netcdf

Hi,

> I use Netcdf under the silicon graphics unix system. the machine is newly
> bought 64-bit system. I find I have some problem with the Netcdf while
> compiling fortran program. the following is the copy of the error information
> I got:
>
> ocg7 16% make
>         f77 -OPT:fold_arith_limit=1008 -c advave.f
>         f77 -OPT:fold_arith_limit=1008 -c putcdf.f
>         f77 -OPT:fold_arith_limit=1008 -o pom  advave.o advct.o advq.o advt.o
> advu.o advv.o baropg.o bcond.o dens.o depth.o  eprxyz.o findpsi.o main.o
> profq.o proft.o profu.o profv.o prxy.o prxyz.o  prxz.o pryz.o vertvl.o god.o
> smaxmin.o tmaxmin.o vort.o
> FATAL 12: Object class error (/ocg6/jd/lib/libnetcdf.a): not a 64-bit object.
> f77 ERROR:  /usr/lib64/cmplrs/ld64 returned non-zero status 1
> *** Error code 2 (bu21)
> so, what the problem it is? How to fix it? your input is critical needed.

The current release of netCDF 2.3.2 won't work on 64-bit IRIX platforms.  We
had to modify the source code of the library for platforms that had 64-bit
longs.  We aren't quite done with the new release containing these changes,
but you can get source for an unsupported pre-release that should work with
IRIX64 from the directory

   ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/

The file name is irix64-alpha.tar.Z.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu