"David Bailey": Re: 950915: netCDF and NC_UNLIMITED woes

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Fri, 15 Sep 1995 14:48:22 -0000
From:    "David Bailey" <address@hidden>
To:      Russ Rew <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: 950915: netCDF and NC_UNLIMITED woes

Hi,

On Sep 15,  4:17pm, Russ Rew wrote:
>> Are you using something other than the standard C compiler that comes with
>> IRIX 5.3, or do you have something set in your environment that might be
>> relevant to duplicating the problem?

I've just realised that I had not recompiled the distribution I have (netcdf
2.3.2 packaged with the HDF3.3r3) since I changed to IRIX 5. Everything had
been running fine with HDF so I assumed netcdf was also ok. as IRIX 5 accepts
IRIX 4 executables and libraries. I'll try recompiling the whole lot and see
what happens.

>> If you still have the source directory in which you built netcdf, do things
>> look OK when you run "make test" from the top-level netcdf src/ directory?

I will also do a make test. Thanks for the tips. At least I know that I
understand how the code should be written.

Dave