950711: NC_NOFILL crash problem on solaris

Charlie,

In the above message you wrote:

> appended is a cleaner example of the solaris ncsetfill problem.
> it seems to crash on enddef  unless i comment out the setfill call.
> note that i couldn't reproduce the problem with only using a few
> variables, for some reason the problem occurs with the present set of 7
> variables.
> thanks,
> charlie
> p.s. i havn't tried this under sunos 4.1.3, but my guess is there's
> no problem with any os except solaris

I'm afraid I still can't duplicate the problem:

    $ uname -sr
    SunOS 5.4
    $ perl -I/upc/netcdf-perl/build/perl/blib -I/usr/local/lib/perl5 setfill.pl
    Creating netCDF file...ok
    Setting fill mode...ok
    Defining dimensions...ok
    Defining variables...ok
    Ending definition mode...ok
    Closing netCDF file...ok

I tried the above with the `setfill()' code both uncommented and
commented-out.

I used version 2.3.2, patchlevel 4 (the latest release) of the netCDF
library and version 1.0.3 of netCDFPerl (one release back - but the
difference is non-substantive and couldn't affect the outcome).  You
might check your version identifiers.

At this point I'm afraid you're on your own -- unless you can give me
access to your system.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>