950629: netCDF information

>From: address@hidden

Erick,

>I have installed NetCDF on our VMS cluster.  I got a question from a
>user regarding the routines NCVPTG and NCVGTG.  When he tried to link
>his program they weren't there.  I checked and could only find them
>in the file jackets.src which I take to be a more complete version
>than jackets.c which is what I used.

jackets.src is a template which is used in conjunction with sed and m4
to produce the jackets.c routine for an individual system.

>Can jackets.src be compiled and linked on VMS?

This is not a source file.

>I note that jackets.src contains code that must be preprocessed with
>sed into M4.  I am not sure what system or systems M4 goes to.
>
>It seems to me that this may be for Unix systems alone.

We include a version of jackets.c that has been specially prepared for
VMS in the src/fortran/vms subdirectory.

For more information on the netCDF, please check URL:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/index.html

Tom Yoksas