Re: 950615: HELP: big problem with NetCDF package under NeXTStep !

Hi Etienne,

> I can't solve the following problem:
> I try to compile NetCDF232pl4 under NeXTStep 3.3. Everything is OK
> with black hardware, but with a PC (Pentium PCI 60 MHz) when I make
> test it fails with the message:
>
> making `test' in directory /netcdf-232pl4/xdr
>
> cc -O -c -I/netcdf-232pl4/xdr -DNDEBUG -O xdrtest.c
> cc -O -O xdrtest.o -o xdrtest
> ./xdrtest > xdrtest_out.new
> diff xdrtest_out.new testout.sav
> *** XDR passes formatted test ***
> cmp test.xdr test_xdr.sav
> test.xdr test_xdr.sav differ: char 28169, line 1
> *** XDR fails binary test ***
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
>
> The only customization I have made are in the CUSTOMIZE file:
> OS=nextos
> MACHINE=i386 (m68k for black hardware)
> FC="/bin/f77"
>
> Could you please help me, I really don't know where to search for
> this problem !

I'm sorry, but we don't have access to a PC with NeXTStep 3.3 on which to
test the software, so we can't be of much help.  About all I can suggest is
that you send the problem to the address@hidden mailing list,
and hope that someone else on that mailing list has solved the problem for a
similar platform.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu