950516: 64 bit netcdf

Rich,

In the above message you wrote:

> ./configure >>&! log &
> checking for fill-value usage... old usage

Though this is a side-issue to the build problem you're having, do
you really want the old fill-value usage?  The old fill values aren't
portable from machine to machine.  Do you have many old netCDF files?

> make all >>&! log &
> making `all' in directory /src/netcdf/netcdf-2.3.3/src/fortran
>
>       ./fortc -L . -O irix64 common.inc > netcdf.inc
>       ./fortc -L . -O irix64 jackets.src > jackets.c
>       cc -c -O -I../libsrc -DNDEBUG -I/usr/include/rpc jackets.c
> "jackets.c", line 74: error(1028): expression must have a constant value
>       XDR_D_INFINITY,         /* You may have to insert a constant here */
>       ^
>
> "jackets.c", line 76: error(1028): expression must have a constant value
>       XDR_F_INFINITY,         /* You may have to insert a constant here */
>       ^

Looks like a bug in the old fill-value support.  I'll investigate and
let you know.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>