Re: In need of help

Hi Leo,

> I just received a copy of the AIA communications standard which uses
> netCDF v2.0.  I have followed the instructions for proper installation and
> compilation of the libraries and everything seemed OK, but not really.
>
> I am using Microsoft Visual C++ v1.51 to compile the XDR and netCDF
> libraries.  I have successfully compiled and linked the three utility
> programs (NCGEN, NCDUMP, and NCTEST).
>
> NCGEN seems to work properly, as far as I can see, since I get no errors
> from it.  I was able to successfully generate the C source code to create
> the CDF file for AIA using the CDL template provided by AIA.
>
> I ran NCTEST to see if the libs were created properly.  NCTEST fails after
> it creates the test file while trying to open it.  Most of the other
> function calls fail (primarily when ncopen gets called).
>
> NCDUMP does not work properly when I ask for a complete conversion of a
> netCDF file.  If I only include the -h (header info) or -c (header info +
> coordinate variables), NCDUMP seems to work.  When it tries to produce the
> data the following floating point error occurs:
>
> run-time error M6101: MATH
> - floating-point error: invalid
>
> I don't know where to go next.  If there's a newer version or a version
> which has presented no complications under Windows using Visual C++ please
> let me know where to get it...

The latest release is version 2.3.2pl2 available via anonymous FTP from

    ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

More information is available to WWW browsers from

    <URL:http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/>

or via anonymous FTP from

    ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/faq.txt

Binaries for MSDOS are available via anonymous FTP from

    ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/msdos/

The best address to use for support questions about netCDF is
address@hidden rahter than address@hidden, which is
a mailing list for announcements and discussion.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu