950307: netcdf link problem

>From: address@hidden

Jens,

>Thank you very much for the hunch. Alas, it was of course aFchkstk. My typo.
>It turns out that entry does not exist in the quick-C llibc7.lib, but is
>found in the MS-C ver 6 llibc7.lib.

That is where I found it as well.

>However, some entries needed for my
>graphics routines are only found in the quick-C version of the
>library. I need another compiler.

This is strange.  I thought that the Quick-C and full C versions of the
MS compilers were equivalent.

>Can you advise me as to applicable DOS
>16 bit compilers that will run with your libraries.

We have tested the netCDF with MS C Versions 5.1 and 6.0 and MS Fortran
Version 5.1.

>I would appreciate
>if they also supports my graphics routines.

Since I don't know what routines you need, I can't comment on whether or not
they are supported.

>I tend to like Borlands products and colleagues here recommend Watcom.

We have not tested the netCDF using either of these.  I do know, however,
that there are some in the Unidata netCDF community that have use Borland
compiler(s).  They have had to modify the makefile(s) of course.  You could
send out a general request to address@hidden for more information.

>My joy of Microsoft is more tempered, but if I have to I have to. Also, is
>there any chance units for turbo Pascal?

We have no support and have no plans for supporting Pascal.

>I have many years of proven and dependable programs in Pascal. Would be nice
>to use them with netcdf files.

You could also ask the netcdfgroup as a whole if anyone has done a port of
the netCDF to Pascal (i.e. provided an interface in a manner that is
analagous to the Fortran interface that we provided).

The answer to a number of your questions may be contained in the netCDF
Frequently Asked Questions list that is accessible at:

A list of user-contributed software is available at:

>Thank you very much for your help

Tom Yoksas