Re: 950302: netCDF

Lisa,

> I got the INSTALL ok, but when I use the libnetcdf.a library I got some error
> SECOND PART:
> ===========
> THE BUILD libnetcdf.a is OK from the INSTALL logfile above.
> THEN I WOULD LIKE TO LINK THE MY S/W WITH libnetcdf.a.
> I GOT SOME ERRORS MESSAGE.  DO YOU THINK WHAT I NEED TO DO?
>
> rgps1% f77 -o uvt uvt.f /opt/local/lib/libnetcdf.a
> uvt.f:
>  MAIN grinch_uvt:
>         find_data_index:
>         julian_day:
>         is_leap_year:
> xdr_enum                            /opt/local/lib/libnetcdf.a(array.o)
> xdr_float                           /opt/local/lib/libnetcdf.a(array.o)

If you run `make test' in the netcdf/fortran directory, does the test
succeed?  If it does, you can use that to see what additional library you
need to include on the f77 line to get it to link by looking at the way the
ftest.f program is compiled and linked from the Makefile before it is run.

If not, please send the output of `make test' as well as the
`netcdf/fortran/Makefile' and `netcdf/config.status' files generated by the
configure script, and we'll try to diagnose the problem.  Thanks.

--Russ