Re: 920521: netCDF FTP problem

Hi Rich,

> I am trying to ftp the file guide.ps.Z or guide-2.3.2.ps.Z which is in the
> directory pub/netcdf.  Each time I try to get the file I get a
> permission denied message.  Can you help me with this?

I just checked the permissions on the file in question, and it appears to be
readable by anyone.  I think the "permission denied" message you are getting
may be due to your being in a directory on your host computer in which you
don't have permission to create and write files.  Try changing to "/tmp"
first or some other directory in which you have write permission.

Also, remember to FTP netcdf.tar.Z in binary mode.

Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/                          Boulder, CO 80307-3000