From: address@hidden (Gary Strand)
Subject: netCDF, Solaris, and Sun's f77 v3.0
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 16:10:20 -0700

Up until my machine was moved to Solaris, I had used Barry Schwartz' "gennet"
FORTRAN program with considerable success.

However, now it crashes and burns, very badly. Apparently the Sun FORTRAN f77
version 3.0 compiler doesn't care for "NCNOWRIT" (a parameter) being used in
the function call "NCID = NCOPN(CDFNAM(1:ILL),NCNOWRIT,RCODE)". I get the fol-
lowing error:

*** TERMINATING a.out
*** Received signal 11
POSSIBLE ATTEMPT TO MODIFY CONSTANT