950208: netCDF DLL for Microsoft Windows 3.1

>To: address@hidden

J.J.,

>I am developing a Visual Basic application for Microsoft Windows 3.1 for proc
>processing Mass Spectrometry data.
>I want to use the netCDF format, because it is well defined and platform
>independent, to archive the Mass Spectrometry data.
>But the netCDF software library is implemented in the C-language so I can
>not implement it directly in my Visual Basic application.
>There is one solution: I have to make a DLL for Microsoft Windows 3.1
>from the C sources.
>
>Question: is there already a netCDF DLL for Microsoft Windows 3.1?
>          where can I get it if there is one?

Unidata does no development with MS Windows.  Probably the course of action
would be to ask this question to the netcdfgroup as a whole:

address@hidden

We try to maintain a current list of known development efforts in the netCDF
in a User-Contributed netCDF Software WWW page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/contrib.html

>Thanks in advance,
>
>J.J. Boor
>Koninklijke/Shell-Laboratorium Amsterdam
>Analytical Research & Support

Tom Yoksas