Re: NetCDF Interface for Wavefront Products

Hi Bob,

> I'd like to ask anyone on netcdfgroup if they
> are aware of a data reader which interfaces
> between NetCDF files and the Data Visualizer
> product from Wavefront Technologies. The NetCDF
> utilitites home page on WWW:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/utilities.html
>
> indicates that there exists an interface to the Wavefront Data
> Visualizer from NetCDF but I called up the support people
> at Wavefront Technologies and they do not know about this.
>
> His anyone a copy of this interface available?

I don't have a copy of the interface, but the review of the Wavefront Data
Visualizer package that appears at

    http://www.sara.nl/Consumer.Report/3subsection2_1_1_2.html

mentions netCDF as a supported format:

    Supported data file formats

    The data reader of Data Visualizer recognizes the following formats:
    Wavefront's wave format, netCDF format , HDF format , PLOT3D format, and
    AVS (!) field format. These data readers convert the data into the above
    mentioned internal data model. For other formats one has to write a
    custom data reader to read the data into Data Visualizer. This implies
    programming in C. For inexperienced users it is recommendable to avoid
    this by transforming the data into Wavefront's wave file format, a much
    less time consuming effort.

Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/                          Boulder, CO 80307-3000