Re: 940109: Errors with netCD compilation

Hi Jesus Palero,

> i'm Jesus Palero from Complutense University (MADRID- SPAIN)
> I have tried install the GMT package, but it needs netCDF package, so when i
> tried install this, gives the next error:

> making `all' in directory /usr/local/gmt/netcdf-2.3.2/port
>
> Make: Don't know how to make @PORT_HEADERS@.  Stop.
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.

> The machine is a ALPHA 2100 (DEC) with OSF/1 v-3.0, 256 Mb. and 3 processadors
> and the GMT is the version 2.1.4 and the version of netCDF is 2.3.2
>
> What is the problems? Could you help me?

It appears as if you may not have seen the instructions in the INSTALL file
that comes with the netCDF source.  You must run the netCDF `configure'
script before attempting to run `make', and if any errors are reported by
the `configure' script, you should correct them and rerun `configure' before
continuing.

If `configure' runs to completion, it will create the necessary netCDF
Makefiles and will replace configure-time macros such as `@PORT_HEADERS@'
with values it computes.

If you are still getting errors after running `configure', please send us
the output from `configure', as well as the file `config.sys' created by
`configure' and we'll try to reproduce the problem here.

--
Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000