Russ Rew: Re: 941223: netCDF fortran to C

Oops, forgot to CC: support-netcdf on this reply ...

------- Forwarded Message

To: address@hidden (Adwait Sathye)
Subject: Re: 941223: netCDF fortran to C
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 1995 09:30:22 -0700
From: Russ Rew <russ@buddy>

Hi Adwait,

>       I was trying to link libnetcdf.a with my fortran source when I
> got some errors. A little digging turned up that that Fortran to C calling
> library had not been compiled properly. I tried stepping through the code
> but I could not find the source of the error. I am sending you part of the
> make.log which shows the error Please let me know how I can fix it. Thanks,

> making `all' in directory
> /afs/psc.edu/usr/9/sathye/netcdf/netcdf-232pl2/fortra
>
>         ./fortc -L . -O unicos common.inc > netcdf.inc
>         ./fortc -L . -O unicos jackets.src > jackets.c
>
> m4:-:529 can't open file

This worked fine on our tests in building under UNICOS.

To diagnose this problem, I will need a little more information.  First,
what version of UNICOS are you using, and which version of "m4" are you
using.  To get this information, it may suffice to run the following two
commands:

 % uname -a
 % which m4

The diagnostic above is emitted by the m4 macroprocessor, invoked from the
shell script netcdf/fortran/fortc.  In the netcdf/fortran directory, please
run the following commands and mail me back the output produced in files
"tmp1" and "tmp2".

 % sed -f fortc1.sed jackets.src > tmp1
 % m4 common.m4 unicos.m4 tmp1 > tmp2

Thanks!

- --
Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/                          Boulder, CO 80307-3000

------- End of Forwarded Message