Re: Problem with nccreate

Hi Linda,

> I am having problems with the nccreate command.  It is invoked with the
> following command:
>
>    cdfid = nccreate(fname, NC_CLOBBER);  /* returns -1 if error */
>
> I have verified that fname is a proper file name.  it is also opening the
> file is the same directory as the code is located.
>
> The result is the following message when I run it in dbx:
>
>    signal SEGV (no mapping at the fault address) in malloc at 0xf76b45d4
>    malloc+0xf0:       ld      [%i3 + 12], %i5
>
> Any ideas?

This doesn't look like a netCDF problem, but rather a problem with fname not
being null-terminated (are you sure when you malloced space for it you got
enough space for the null byte that terminates the string?) or with a
previous pointer problem causing something to be overwritten.  The latter
kind of problem can be found with tools such as Centerline, ObjectCenter,
Purify, or the new runtime memory access checking in the new Solaris version
of dbx.

--
Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000