Re: netCDF 'make test' errors

Brendan,

> > > I am building netCDF on an IBM RS/6000 running AIX 3.2.5E.
> > > I get a clean compile, but 'make test' yields the following errors:
> >
> > This has become one of our Frequently Asked Questions for netCDF.  The
> > answer from the netCDF FAQ (available as
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/faq.html):
>
> That did the trick, for the most part.  I'm not getting anything like the
> quantity of errors I got previously.  I am, however, now getting this:
>
> making `test' in directory /usr/local/src/HDF/mfhdf/ncdump
>
>       ../ncgen/ncgen -o test0.nc -n test0.cdl
>       ./ncdump test0.nc > test1.cdl
>       ../ncgen/ncgen -o test1.nc -n test1.cdl
> ../ncgen/ncgen: test1.cdl line 3: syntax error
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

I think this indicates a bug in the ncgen or ncdump Makefiles, not relinking
against the new netCDF library after you have recompiled it.  My guess is
that if you just delete the ncgen and ncdump executables and run "make" at
the top level again before running "make test", things will work.  Please
let me know if this doesn't fix the problem.

--
Russ Rew                                                   UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                             P.O. Box 3000