Re: a more intelligent question

>From: cynthia cudaback <address@hidden>

Cynthia,

>ok, I got the tar file, but I dasn't uncompress it
>until I know how big it will be. How much disk space does
>the library take?

The netcdf.tar.Z file contains all you need to build netcdf
on a Unix workstation. You can untar and uncompress using
the command

  % zcat netcdf.tar.Z | tar -xvf -

This will unpack into a directory tree of source code and test files
which takes up about 5MB. The Makefiles are set to create a non-sharable
library that is about 72K in size. You will need a couple of free MB
to allow you to build the library.

Mike Wright