Re: Dynamic allocation

>From: Suzanne M. Fortin <address@hidden>

Suzanne,

>I am attempting to create a NETCDF file of gridded precipitation data.
>My problem arises from the way in which I am allocating memory for
>the 2-d array.  I am using dynamic allocation as opposed to specifically
>setting the dimensions.  The contents of the NETCDF file created by the
>'ncvarput' function call routine contains garbage when I use the
>dynamically allocated array.  The data looks fine when I do not
>dynamically allocate. However, I wish to stay away for hard-wiring
>dimensions so, dynamic allocation is more desirable.
>
>I attempted to create a NETCDF 2-d array with no success.  Any
>suggestions?

Our primary netCDF person here at Unidata will be out of the office until
August 13, so he will now be able to comment immediately.  I can tell you
that I am certain this sort of thing is done all of the time by other users
of the package.  If you need to get moving on this problem immediately, I
suggest that you send a note to the netCDF email group
(address@hidden) and ask for suggestions.  The other thing
that would be handy to include is the code that you are trying to use
so the folks can see if there is a something amiss.

>Suzanne Fortin
>e-mail:  smf@192.133.17.71
>phone:   918-832-4109

Tom Yoksas