Re: netcdf2.3.2 Test Error

Jim,

> I followed your advice and recompiled the string.c routine in netcdf,
> performed the make all, and then the make test. The results were better
> and many tests came off okay. However, I did run into a error at the
> end. This is the portion of my log file from the make test:
>
> *** Testing ncvdef ...
> *** Testing ncapt, ncaptc ...
> *** Testing ncclos ...
> *** Testing ncvpt1 ...
> *** Testing ncvgt1 ...
> *** Testing ncvpt ...
> *** Testing ncopn, ncinq, ncdinq, ncvinq, ncanam, ncainq ...
> *** Testing ncvgt, ncvgtc ...
> *** Testing ncagt, ncagtc ...
> *** Testing ncredf, ncdren, ncvren, ncaren, ncendf ...
> *** Testing ncacpy ...
> *** Testing ncadel ...
>
> returning to directory /home/pscwx/netcdf
>

> making `test' in directory /home/pscwx/netcdf/ncdump
>
> ../ncgen/ncgen -o test0.nc -n test0.cdl
> ./ncdump test0.nc > test1.cdl
> ../ncgen/ncgen -o test1.nc -n test1.cdl
> ../ncgen/ncgen: test1.cdl line 3: syntax error
> make[1]: *** [test] Error 1
> make: *** [ncdump/test] Error 1
>

> Is there another program where the -O option is causing a problem?

Not that I know of.  Perhaps what happened is that either ncgen or ncdump or
both were not re-linked to the new netCDF library after string.c was
recompiled, so they are still using the old, incorrect version.  I guess the
easiest way to tell if this is happening is to delete the netcdf/ncgen/ncgen
and netcdf/ncdump/ncdump executables, re-make again from the top-level
netcdf directory to get them relinked, and then try make test.  If this
doesn't work, maybe a "make clean" is in order, then try making everything
with a "-g" instead of "-O" option to see if that makes the test work OK.
I'd be interested in hearing whether and which of these suggestions work.

--
Russ Rew                                                   UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                             P.O. Box 3000