Re: OS/2 2.11 , C-Set ++

>From: address@hidden (Brian Lincoln)

Brian,

>Unfortunately I am sort of in a bad position here, but
>my boss has been trying to compile netCDF 2.3 on OS/2 2.11
>with the IBM C-Set++ compiler series.

We do not have this compiler at Unidata (nor are we likely to get it).

>He tells me he has had a lot of problems, with the most
>fatal being that the OS/2 rename function does not act as
>it does in unix and that some of the bytes are getting swapped
>wrong in the test programs.

I looked in our tracking system to try and find an original inquiry about
this but didn't find any.

>He said he looked around for help at your site.

Did he contact us about this problem? If so, where?

>Does there exist some help pages or fixes necessary to get netCDF to go
>under OS/2 ?

No, we have compiled/used the netCDF on OS/2 1.3, 2.0, and 2.1 using the
Microsoft C 6.0 compiler with no problems.  The files named msoft.mk represent
the method we used to build the netCDF in OS/2.  Sometime this summer, I will
be updating the makefiles and trying to build the package using GCC, but
this will have to wait until I get out from under all of the other pressing
things that have stacked up.

>Thanks !

If you send some output, I will take a look to see if I can see anything
obvious.  I can't promise a high level of effort since we don't have
a comparable environment in which to investigate the problems.

re: was contact made?
>No, just poked around looking for information...

re: estimate of the problem location
>I guess I will believe that it is a makefile problem, with correct
>flags not being set (such as the swap-byte flag which wasnt set and the
>rename function not working, etc, etc.. ) and forward your message to the
>person doing the work...  Thanks.

Tom Yoksas