Re: I need help...

>From: address@hidden (Hooman Famili)

Hooman,

>I am trying to compile netcdf but I am not able to do so.  The operating
>system I use is NeXTSTEP 3.2 runnnig on a intel 486 machine.
>The configure file needs the OS, MACHINE and FC variables.
>So I set OS to nextos3.2
>        MACHINE to ibmps/2
>        FC to nothing since I don't have a fortran compiler.
>I run make all.  But when I run make test the XDR binary test fails.
>How do I fix this?

Unfortunately, we have no experience with this setup.  You may have better
luck (faster response) by posing your question to the netcdfgroup as
a whole.

>I am installing the software as a user in my user directory.  So I should
>have the necessary permissions.  But when I run make install the mkdir
>function returns an error saying permission denied.

This is most likely due to the permissions on the target directory which
are likely owned by root.

>I hope you can reply soon.  I am in a bit of hurry...

Try sending the first question to address@hidden.

Tom Yoksas