Re: netcdf and Borland c++

Hi Gavin,

> I am encountering problems linking netcdf with my c program under BorlanI
> creating a project which includes netcdf.lib and my c program.  Everything
> compiles but linking fails yielding multiple undefined symbol errors.  Is
> netcdf compatible with Borland c++, and if so how can I make it work?

It could be you haven't linked in the XDR library, which netCDF uses.

Try the pre-compiled libraries available by anonymous FTP from
ftp.unidata.ucar.edu in the directory /pub/netcdf/contrib/borland.  That
directory contains netcdf and XDR libraries compiled with the Borland C++
3.0 compiler.  There are versions to support small, medium large and huge
memory models.  The files are:

        netcdf_s.lib            small model
        netcdf_m.lib            medium model
        netcdf_l.lib            large model
        netcdf_h.lib            huge model

        xdr_s.lib               small model
        xdr_m.lib               medium model
        xdr_l.lib               large model
        xdr_h.lib               huge model

On another subject, I have been trying to send a reply to a question from
Mark Conde, but every attempt to reply to the email address in his message,

    address@hidden

or to other plausible addresses,

    address@hidden
    address@hidden

have bounced back to me with the message

    421 dac1.gi.alaska.edu (TCP)... Deferred: Connection refused by
dac1.gi.alaska.edu

Since you are from the University of Alaska, I'm hoping you can direct me to
someone who might know an email address that works for Mark Conde.  If not,
sorry to bother you.  Thanks.

--
Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                        P.O. Box 3000