Re: netCDF image questions

>From: address@hidden (Dongsoo Kim)

>I have two questions you can help me:
>1) Do you create netCDF for image displaying? If so, what
>   is image display software that read netCDF ?

netCDF doesn't create an image file. However, a couple of software
packages do allow you to visualize data that is contained in a
netcdf file.

Several commercial analysis and data visualization packages have been
adapted to access netCDF data, including Spyglass Dicer, IBM
Visualization Data Explorer, Research Systems' IDL, and Wavefront's
Data Visualizer.

>2) Is GIF encoder available ?

No direct encoder. You would have to use one of the visualization
software packages to create an image that you would then save in
GIF format.

There is more information about netcdf by anonymous ftp to
unidata.ucar.edu in the pub/netcdf directory. Also, our Gopher server
and Web server have more information.

Unidata WWW Service                     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Mike Wright