Re: Yes!!

Barry,

> Well, you got it!.
>
> The problem was that I needed to include the netcdf.inc file,
> i.e., ncwrite was not initialize and therfore was set to zero.

Good, it was just a lucky guess.  I wish there were a more obvious error
message that resulted from trying to call netcdf functions from Fortran
without including the netcdf.inc file.  If you can think of a way to
implement something that would cause the resulting Fortran programs to
generate a compile-time error rather than a run-time error, it would be
useful.  A disciplined use of IMPLICIT NONE might work.

> However, and this is expecting alot, I purposely did not include
> the netcdf.inc because my program will not compile in the debug mode
> when I include it! I get an error that says something like this:
>
>                      netcdf.inc: no new_triple block
>                                  compilation failed
>
> However, if I compile the code without the -g option, it works just
> fine and as a matter of fact a ncdump -v varname on my file showed
> that the data got written to output. So the last remainingt mystery is
> why the code won't compile with the netcdf.inc file included with the -g
> f77 option. Do you know why?

No, sorry, it sounds like an error in the f77 compiler.

--Russ