Re: errno behavior

Hi Jim,

> I have been writing a rpc server for netcdf files and found the follwoing
> behavior WRT errno: When ncopts = NC_VERBOSE, errno is assigned 0 once the
> message is printed. I believe the line (157) in error.c
>
>       errno = 0 ;             /* ??? */
>
> should be
>
>         errno = errnum;

Yes you're right.

> Also, When ncopts = 0 errno does not contain the correct error code. For
> example,
>
>       id = ncopen("nothing", NC_NOWRITE);
>
> where "nothing" does not exist should set errno to 2, but instead leaves the
> value unchanged.

We'll fix it for the next release.  Thanks for reporting the bug!

Also, several people have requested an RPC server for netcdf, and we had
actually planned to write one as well as part of another project that never
got funded.  Any chance you could make your server generally available?

Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                        P.O. Box 3000
(303)497-8645                                 Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000