Re: NetCDF & HPUX

Chris,

We've verified that providing a workaround for the HPUX FILENAME_MAX bug in
netcdf/libsrc/local_nc.h fixes the problem you saw with ncredef() not
working properly when invoked from a directory other than the one the netCDF
file is in.  Here's the patch:

RCS file: RCS/local_nc.h,v
retrieving revision 1.39
diff -r1.39 local_nc.h
14a15,18
> #if defined(_HPUX_SOURCE) && FILENAME_MAX < 255
> /* Arrgh. HP thinks FILENAME_MAX is _POSIX_NAME_MAX */
> #undef FILENAME_MAX
> #endif

Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                        P.O. Box 3000
(303)497-8645                                 Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000