Re: netCDF on Linux

Hi David,

> Boy what timing!! I just did it last night at like 2am and a 6 pack!.  I have
> to make some change in the lex/yacc stuff for ncgen.  Linux uses GNU flex
> and bison it bison seems to be generating something that gcc doesn't like.
> Revs for Linux gcc, etc are all the latest.. i.e. linux is 0.99p14 etc.
>
> I was just gonna send email on this to Russ at Unidata.  Lemme tell you the
> rest of our plans. We are also a zephyr site, currently using a Sun Sparc
> as in the ingestor.  My next shot will be to port the Unidata LDM software,
> thus providing a MUCH cheaper platform for ingest and processing.
>
> Please feel free to contact me further about this.  As soon as I fix up the
> problem with bixon/flex/ncgen I will tar it all up and send it to you.  I
> made no code changes except to the Makefiles and configure stuff.  One minor
> detail, of course, is no Fortran <-- big deal eh?  but the "make test" passed
> with flying colors.

Great, I'll look forward to getting it.  By the way, I'll make a best effort
to integrate your LINUX changes into our sources, but if they are too
extensive or have diverged too much from our sources we may have to ask you
to test them.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                        P.O. Box 3000
(303)497-8645                                 Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000