Re: Oh No! Another bug report!

Tom,

> I've discovered a minor problem that I thought you should know about.
> The problem is a memory leak when I get the value of a string attribute.
> After looking at the source code, it appears that an NcValues object is
> being created and returned to NcTypedComponent::as_string but the object
> is never deleted.  We have a tool called Purify that does a really nice
> job of catching memory leaks and the like.  I've attached a CDL, a small
> program that demonstrates the problem and the Purify output.  Note that
> the attribute and the string fetched from the attribute is deleted in
> the main program as the documentation recommends.  As always, thanks for
> looking into to these problems and responding in such a timely manner.

Thanks for the bug report.  We have Purify also, and I even used it to check
for memory leaks in the little example program that comes with the netCDF
C++ source, but the interface evidently doesn't get exercised very well by
the little example.  I'll have to wait until next week to look at this.

--Russ