Re: Hdf / netCDF

Hi Brian,

> Where do I find information about data storage formats
> other than netCDF used for environmental data by
> scientists etc.

There is a Scientific Data Format Information FAQ available in several
forms.  If you have Mosaic or some other World Wide Web client, you can view
the hypertext form of the document by opening the following URL:

    http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/traffic/scidataformats/faq.html

You can get a copy via anonymous FTP from:

        host:   rtfm.mit.edu
        file:   pub/usenet/news.answers/sci-data-formats

If you can't use FTP, send email to address@hidden with

        send /pub/usenet/news.answers/sci-data-formats

as the only text in the message (leave the subject blank).

The document covers CDF, FITS, GRIB, HDF, netCDF, and miscellaneous graphics
formats.

Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                        P.O. Box 3000
(303)497-8645                                 Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000