[McIDAS #BUU-210466]: 20200611: Reading in RESOLV.SRV and himawari update

Hi Carol,

re:
> Ok you might have gone a little over my head here, but I think I understand
> most of what you're saying.

The ins and outs of how McIDAS finds files is, in my opinion, _the_
most complicated part of the entire system.  Explaining all of the
precedence rules is, quite frankly, hard to do in words, but, luckily,
it is a lot more easily done face-to-face.

re:
> One thing I probably should have mentioned is that the ldm user really
> doesn't need it's own RESOLV.SRV that is separate from the mcidas user
> RESOLV.SRV. The ldm user only runs mcidas through the setup_mcenv.sh
> script. I really should just delete the MCDATA/RESOLV.SRV since it's just a
> copy of MCHOME/workdata/RESOLV.SRV. Thus, I'm guessing it would be best to
> just edit the MCPATH in the setup_mcenv.sh script to the following.
>
> Original
> MCPATH=${MCDATA}:$MCHOME/data:$MCHOME/help
>
> New
> MCPATH=${MCDATA}:$MCHOME/workdata:$MCHOME/data:$MCHOME/help
>
> Then I would *ALSO* need to delete MCDATA/RESOLV.SRV for this to work.
>
> How does this sound?

This looks very good!

re:
> I'm still not sure this is the best solution.

What is best or worst is probably situational.

I didn't even tell you about the third way of attaching the
problem - setup the remote ADDE server on the machine, and have
the McIDAS routes "point" (DATALOC) at the remote ADDE server
for its data.  This approach is probably the best since it really
separates the roles that the user and 'mcidas' take.  It does,
however, require setup that only can be done by 'root'.  I
can elaborate on this approach if you like...

Ticket ID: BUU-210466
Department: Support McIDAS