[McIDAS #JGN-249914]: IMGMAKE

Hi Mike,

Looks like our emails crossed paths in cyberspace :-)

re:
> I have an update, and possibly a bit of good news...

re:
> Found it, turns out it was under a different branch:
> https://github.com/dopplershift/ldm-alchemy/tree/goes-fixes

As per my last note, Ryan has pushed it to the original location now.

re:
> Done, but then I noticed something else.  I completely missed that
> longitude was being put into the file names.  Well of course that's
> changed!  I needed to account for that as well in my ADDE dataset
> definitions:
>
> Find "/*89.5W.nc4" and replace with "/*75.0W.nc4" and now it's finding
> data again.

I STRONGLY suggest that you do not use the latitude or longitude in
your  DIRFILE= regular expression as the longitude may change a bit.

Here, for instance, is the DSSERVE LIST NPGOESR dump edited down to
the Full Disk, channel 1 images:

NPGOESR/FDC01            IMAGE SCMI                  GOES-16 FullDisk 0.47 um VI
                                                     S aerosol-over-land

DIRFILE=/data/ldm/pub/native/satellite/GOES/GOES16/F
                                    ullDisk/Channel01/current/*.nc4

My rule of thumb is never over constrain your regular expressions.

re:
> But, and here's the cool part, it's also plotting data again!  So I
> don't know, maybe something about that naming convention change was
> just enough to totally confuse McIDAS.  Not sure I have a better
> explanation.

I theorized as much in my last email.

re:
> The sad news is the imagery is still dimmer, as though it's not being
> stretched appropriately.  But I'm hoping between goes-restitch update
> & ADDE dataset definitions corrections the full disk issue is
> resolved.  Will continue to test to make sure.

I'll be testing to make sure.

re:
> Please pass along my thanks to Ryan for the goes-restitch.py update.

Will do.

Ticket ID: JGN-249914
Department: Support McIDAS