20000118: MCIDAS NLDNPLT command error (cont.)

>From: Michael Voss <<address@hidden>

Mike,

In my previous note I said that I had discovered a bug.  This turned out
to be a red herring.  The code I was exercising was on a machine where
the McIDAS distribution was not completely up to 7.6.  The problem
undoubtedly occurred because of one or more modules being out of date.

re: What would be helpful is for you to run the same NLDNPLT invocation

>OK, here is the result:
>
>GU REST GRAPHIC 1 DEV=NNN
>MAP DEF 5 NAME=OUTLHPOL LAT=13 45 LON=70 180 SLON=105 PRO=CONF X GRA=1
>MAP: completed frame  1
>MAP DEF 8 LAT=13 45 LON=70 180 SLON=105 PRO=CONF X GRA=1 X BOX=YES 8
>MAP: completed frame  1
>MAP: completed frame  1
>BATCH: BATCH done /export/home/mcidas/data/BKGMAP.BAT

This looks good.

>NLDNPLT LIG OLAY LATEST INT=00:30 DAY=2000018 MODE=X GRIDF=132 GRA=1 DEV=GCC
>NLDNPLT* CPRO = CONF
>NLDNPLT* Starting using day      2000018
>NLDNPLT* Starting using MD file  74

Oops.  Here is a problem.  The MD file number for the current data should
be 78, not 74.

>NLDNPLT* Initial starting time is  740000

Here is the next problem.  The initial starting time should be something
that looks like an acceptable time.  740000 is bogus no matter how you
look at things.

The fact that the MD file number and times are wrong leads me to believe
that there are problems in the copy of SYSKEY.TAB that is being used
by the Fkey menu.

>NLDNPLT* Recalculated starting time is  14500
>NLDNPLT* Recalculated starting day is      2000018
>NLDNPLT* Recalculated starting MD file is  74
>NLDNPLT* Ending day was in the future, reset to present
>NLDNPLT* Calculated ending time is  192621
>NLDNPLT* Calculated ending day is  2000018
>NLDNPLT* Time for PUTFRAM is  223540
>NLDNPLT* Day for PUTFRAM is  2000019
>Program terminated, floating point error

All bets are off given the incorrect MD file number and starting time.
The next thing for you to do is to list out the SYSKEY.TAB values that
are being accessed:

SYSVAL LIST 2051 2053

These should look something like:

 SYSKEY Word   Value
 -----------   -----------
        2051 = 78
        2052 = 192024
        2053 = 2000018
SYSVAL: Done

(I created this listing at 19:47 Z).

>How did it get to MD of 74??

Probably from your SYSKEY.TAB file.

>Is this the output you're looking for?

Yes

>Nothing else printed anywhere?

Nope.

I am betting that something is wrong in the copy of SYSKEY.TAB that
is being used by the Fkey menu.  Let's concentrate on it first.

Tom