19991008: 7.60 MCGUI failure in plotting upper air THETA, THETA-E

>From: alan anderson <address@hidden>

Alan,

>A colleague noted to me that when using MCGUI to plot upper air data (after
>clicking on either DISPLAY or the POINT SOURCE icon) that the choices for
>THETA and THETA-E do not produce results.  Could you explain?

I can't.  My first inclination was to explain the difference between
new ADDE routines, but the GUI still uses the older, non-ADDEized
applications for plotting/contouring point source data.

I just cranked up the MCGUI on a machine where the data files are
local (i.e. non-ADDE setup) and see that when I try to select THETA,
THETA-E, and Station Elevation, the selector in the GUI goes blank.
This is obviously a bug that I need to jump on.  I will get back to
you as soon as I have a fix.

Tom