19990728: trouble decoding some surface stations with McIDAS-XCD 7.5, IRIX6.5.4

Hello,
        I'm having some trouble with xcd and it's decoding some surface
stations.  The two gif files attached show this problem.  One station,
PRC, is fine, but the other, TUS, is mainly not.  Most values are missing
or incorrect.  I see this kind of thing on most of the larger reporting
stations in the US.  It appears that these stations are also synoptic
stations.  My guess is that stations that have both metar and synoptic
reports are getting corrupted.   Ideas?  Other than this, the xcd decoding
seems to work ok.  Thanks for any help.

Mike Leuthold
Atmospheric Sciences/Institute of Atmospheric Physics
University of Arizona
address@hidden
520-621-2863

>From address@hidden  Wed Jul 28 12:28:34 1999

Ignore the following....it looks like I fixed it by reinitializing the
schemas.
Mike