19990723: Flash flood warnings in wwdisp

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

>Quick question.
>
>Is there a plan to add Flash Flood watches and warnings
>to WWDISP?

The 7.60 version of WWDISP will plot:

*?    TYPe=t1..tn | bulletin type(s) to plot; you cannot use TYPE with the
*?                  WATCH keyword; valid TYPEs are SEVWARN,SEVWATCH,TORWARN,
*?                  TORWATCH,WINWARN,WINWATCH,BLIZZARD,SNOWADV,ALL (def=ALL),
*?                  where:
*?                     SEVWARN, SEVWATCH=severe thunderstorm warnings, watches
*?                     TORWARN, TORWATCH=tornado warnings, watches
*?                     WINWARN, WINWATCH=winter storm warnings, watches
*?                     BLIZZARD=blizzard warnings, SNOWADV=snow advisories
*?                     ALL=all of the above

It looks like the Flash flood watches and warnings are not yet or
imminently available.  I will pass along your inquiry to SSEC for
consideration.

>Thanks

Later...

Tom