19990523: easy question (cont.)

>From: Craig Motell <address@hidden>

Craig,

>As per the above note, I have modified my makefile. After I modify
>my makefile I added debug statements to "nvxgvar.dlm and nvxgoes.dlm
>as well as nvset.for".
>
>Next, I did the make:
>
>~/mcidas/mcidas7.4/src/make ax.k
>sapo% make ax.k
>convdlm nvxgoes.dlm:            done
>compile nv1goes.f:              done
>compile nv2goes.f:              done
>compile nv3goes.f:              done
>convdlm nvxgvar.dlm:            done
>compile nv1gvar.f:              done
>compile nv2gvar.f:              done
>compile nv3gvar.f:              done
>update  libmcidas.a:            done
>link    ax.k:                   done
>

>So everything looks great (by the way, thankyou for showing me the
>quick way to work with these files!).
>
>Anyway, when I run my modified routines using the command:
>
>AX 7 DEV=CCC
>
>I don't see my new debug statements:
>
>Question: 1) I believe I should be seeing new debugs statements
>but it looks like (a) my old executables are being executed rather than
>the new executable, or (b) I am not creating a new library (e.g.,
>libmcidas.a). Any suggestions?

Make sure that the executable you just made in ~mcidas7.4/src is the same
as the one in ~mcidas/bin:

cd mcidas7.4/src
ls -l ax.k ~/bin/ax.k

The two files must have the same inode numbers to be the same (they will
also have to be the same size).  If there is any doubt, then do:

rm ~/bin/ax.k
ln ax.k ~/bin

Tom