[LDM #LTV-934218]: [ldm-users] Pqact running behind

Dale,

[We've driven your inquiry into our support tracking system.]

> We are having an unusual problem with LDM.  We are running the AWIPS-2
> version of LDM that is redistributed by Raytheon and the NWS (the versions
> are based on ldm-6.8.1).
>
> We have an upstream LDM box that feeds two downstream LDMs with similar
> pqact.conf and ldmd.conf files.  One box simply writes files out for an
> archive, while the other box writes data in the same structure, but also
> is connected to AWIPS-2 (using edexBridge) sending messages for  ingest
> and processing.

Are the data-products being written using the FILE action of pqact(1)? If so,
is the "-close" or "-flush" option specified?

> When running a pqutil command (e.g., pqutil -w -f NIMAGE
> ldm.pq) on both downstream boxes we verify that each product queue is
> updated very nearly simultaneously.  However, we see one box write out
> its data instantaneously while the other may be delayed by 20 or more
> minutes.

How do you know the delay is occurring? Are the pqact(1)s running in verbose
logging mode?

> Yesterday the ldm that fed AWIPS-2 was behind, and today the
> archive box is behind.  We made a hardware configuration change on the
> AWIPS-2 box today but no change whatsoever was made to the archive box.

What kind of file-system are the pqact(1) processes writing the data-products
to? A local disk? An NFS-mounted disk? A Network Addressable Storage (NAS)
device?