Re: 20010421: Thoughts on LDM reclasses

Tom McDermott wrote:
No, I wasn't referring to the time-based RECLASSES (such as when the
client requests data > 61 min. old), but to the RECLASSes that occur on
connection, where the client will request X and the server will RECLASS
and serve Y, which is some subset of X.  In all of the cases that I have
seen except this one, the client then accepts the subset Y, and the feed
then proceeds normally.

Tom

So you think that the new subset was based on product feed type rather than time?  Because whenever a new connection is made, the same time stamp negotiation has to occur.  If a downstream site comes up, it will send a request for products within some time frame.  If that downstream LDM has run before, it will request products starting from the time of the most recent product in the queue.  Thus, if that site has been down for more than an hour, it will request old data, causing a RECLASS to occur.

Anne

Anne Wilson                     UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307
Unidata WWW server       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/