Re: access to NMC2 data

"Jason J. Levit" wrote:

> > request NMC2    ".*[058]$"      nora.gsfc.nasa.gov
> > request NMC2    ".*[169]$"      nora-f.gsfc.nasa.gov
> > request NMC2    ".*[27]$"       128.183.102.227
> > request NMC2    ".*[34]$"       128.183.252.98
> >
> > I'm guessing you can just request ".*".  If you need more info let me -
> > I'll ask someone else.
>
>   Hi Anne,
>
>   Thanks for adding "cube" to the motherlode allow list!  I turned on
> the feed and OH MY it's a lot of data.  I'm mainly just interested in
> receiving the ETA #212 and #215 gridded data.  So, rather than a ".*",
> I'll need some sort of pattern to just request those particular data
> sets from motherlode.  The Unidata CONDUIT web site helped a bit, but
> I'm stuck without knowing the correct regular expression; if you could
> point me to a person to ask for more info, that would be great!

Jason,

Here is a message from Steve Chiswell regarding patterns for the ETA 212
and 215.  Was this the page you looked at?  Down at the bottom it has
links for specific ETA grids, e.g., follow the line called "ETA212
filenames"

> CONDUIT product web page:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/ncep_idd/
>
> Using the filenames shown on the pages above, one possible
> pattern for just ETA 212 and ETA 215 would be:
> "(ncep/erl/icwf|ncepc/eta/erl)"
>
> Chiz

 Thanks for your help!  We're currently relying on an FTP script to
> obtain this data, and it'll be much nicer to have the ingest via the
> IDD.
>
>   Jason

Great!  We aim to please.

Anne