Re: 20010220: ldmadmin core dumps

Alan Hall wrote:

> Perl version is 5.001 and the which returns the same path that is at the top
> of the
> ldmadmin.  I think this is another system prblem with this sun.  I may have
> to shut
> it down and start over.

Any relevant messages in the system log?

I just spoke with Robb, who wrote the script.  Two other things to try:

1) Search for '@' chars in the script.  These represent placeholders,
and should all be filled with appropriate values by scriptconfig, i.e.,
there should be none if the script is configured properly.

2) Run perl in debug mode.  Do 'perl -d ldmadmin'.  From there (I'm
told) you can:
        c - continue
        s - step (down into subroutines)
        n - next (next statement in the current routine)
        p - print a value

Will you let me know what you find out?

Also, I realized I was making the assumption that this was working
before it went south, is that right?

Anne
                                  Boulder, CO  80307