Re: newbie on ldm territories (fwd)

rafael mahecha wrote:

> hi anne, nice to hear from you...
> how is the moving going? are you in your new
> office? with a hydraulically-lifting desk?

The moving is great, because my temporary office is really
nice!  Today I saw a bald eagle fly by - very cool!
Unfortunately I move back to my new windowless office in two
weeks.

Haven't ordered the desk, yet...

> what did you say about e-mails? not to continue
> the message for ever? or to continue the same
> message, so that people can see what the issue
> is?

We can continue this thread between us, now that I've picked
it up.

> finally,
>
> i did those things that you advised me...
>
> all i get is this:
>          THIS IS WHAT I GET WHEN I DO "ECHO
> $PATH":
>
>          [ldm@weather ~]$ echo $PATH
> /usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/locacoders:/home/ldm/bin

/home/ldm/bin looks right...  Is your runtime link in
place?  Do 'ls -l' and send me the result.

Also, looks like a typo: should locacoders be
local/decoders?  (Those crazy coders!!)

> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
> NOW, TO GET TO MY BIN DIRECTORY, I HAVE TO DO:
> "cd /home/ldm/ldm-5.1.2/bin"
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> IF I DO ./LDMADMIN START, I GET:
> [ldm@weather ~/bin]$ ./ldmadmin start
> In string, @HOSTNAME now must be written as
> \@HOSTNAME a
> t ./ldmadmin line 63, near "@HOSTNAME"
> Execution of ./ldmadmin aborted due to
> compilation error
> s.
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> everytime i run teh script ./ldmadmin i get the
> same error message: In string, @HOSTNAME
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>
> i guess i'll go back to my configuration file and
> look for that line...

Yes, that's what you must do.  You must edit the ldmadmin
script and change the string "@HOSTNAME@" to the fully
qualified hostname of your machine.  For example, on my
machine, imogene, the line says:

$hostname = "imogene.unidata.ucar.edu";

Are you following the instructions on the web page?   (See
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/ldmSourceInstallList.html.)
This is covered under the section called "Check the ldmadmin
script."

> if not i'll go back and do the whole thing
> again...
>
> what do you think?

I don't think you need to start over just yet.  I bet we can
get it going from here.

> PS: i wasn't even able to view logs
Yes, I can see why - the LDM hasn't been able to start, YET,
but it will!!

Anne

> =====
> RAFAEL MAHECHA
> Meteorologist/Technical Assistant HPVCI/JSUMP
> Phone: (601)-979-3617
> Fax: (601)-979-3630
> address@hidden
> address@hidden