Re: 20000822: RPC: Program not registered

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> I have gotten the two ldm's talking to each other, but not on port 388.  It
> assigned port 1051 to ldm.  All the other machines I connect with are using
> port 388, I can't figure out why this one won't use port 388?

Alan,

I believe the problem is the rpc.ldmd and hupsyslog are not own by root
and the setuid is not set to run as root.  This configuration is necessary
to get a port under 512, ie port 388 for the LDM.

-rwsr-xr-x   1 root     ustaff    991232 Aug 18 17:09 rpc.ldmd*

In the installation this is part needed to be done as root:

% make install_setuids

Robb...