Re: 20000511: rpc.ldmd duplicate elimination between feedtypes? (fwd)

> Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:29:10 -0600
> From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: 20000511: rpc.ldmd duplicate elimination between feedtypes?
>
> >To: LDM Support at Unidata <address@hidden>
> >From: Steven Danz <address@hidden>
> >Subject: rpc.ldmd duplicate elimination between feedtypes?
>
> Hello
>
> I have an LDM configuration where I request a WMO feedtype (a direct line to
> the
>
> OSO Gateway) from one system and an FSL5 feedtype (from a NOAAPort ingester)
> from a different system into one rpc.ldmd server.  If I run the server with
> the
> -v switch
> I notice hereis: dup: lines in the log, and the only place the product exists
> twice is once
> on the FSL5 feed and once on the WMO feed.  Is the LDM supposed to be
> eliminating
> duplicates between feedtypes like that?

> Thanks!
>
> Steven Danz
> Aviation Weather Center
> Kansas City, MO

Hi Steve,

Answer: yes.  The LDM calculates a checksum on the product that it uses for
duplicate detection.  The checksum calculation doesn't include the feedtype, nor
any of the other header info that is prepended to the product.

Anne

address@hidden                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307